Field Watch is one more example of quality, no-frills gear that the Modesto, California company has been supplying for nearly 17 years. While some purveyors of tactical watches imply that their timepieces are fit for every occasion, make no mistake here. The Field Watch is “Not Suitable For Work” unless your occupation takes you outdoors. And after all, that’s what The Gear Bunker is about, right? Put simply, this is a robust, military-style watch made for those individuals with work spaces that don’t involve desks or cubicles. Being a desk driver myself, this is the first piece of kit I locate when seeking weekend refuge at the range, in the surf, or on the trails. I take comfort in knowing my watch is tough enough to endure the rigors of my extracurricular outdoor activities.
STEEL & NYLON
The Field Watch is a blend of simplicity and functionality. It features an Ionic Plating (“IP”) stainless steel 44mm case with a screw on case back and crown. A unidirectional ratcheting bezel provides maritime utility for you water borne individuals, as does the water-resistant rating of 100 meters/330 feet. The Field Watch also sports a classic NATO style nylon band which gives it that military look and feel. Having worn NATO bands before, I have found them to be virtually impervious to sweat, sun, water and other sorts of damage that leather or other synthetic bands might sustain. The NATO bands also seem to fit better on my wrist than other bands.
5.11 Field Watch Details
- Phosphorescent hour, minute and second hands (Luminous)
- Screw on case back and crown
- Unidirectional ratcheting dive bezel
- Water resistant to 100meters/330FT/10ATM
- Scratch/chip resistant mineral glass crystal face
- Military time on inner dial with Yellow date window, Red second hand
- 44mm Case
- Ionic Plating Finished Stainless Steel case
- NATO Nylon webbing band with 300cm x 24mm (Unisex)
- Thailand Movement (Swiss Movement, assembled in Thailand)